Shortlisted Submission (NARRATIVE)
|Muhamad Khamim Zikri Bin Mohd Nahrawi||Tindak - The Office Circle|
|Ramon Alberto Garilao||Fish Out of Water|
|Aiman Aliff Bin Mohammad Taufik||Rubik|
|Brillian Fairiandi||PickMeUp #DoWhatILove|
|Imam Syafi'i||Lilakno (Sincere)|
|Ooi Zhang Xun||逝 Passed|
|Ben Tan Lun Jiun||Я|
|Muhammad Zulfaqqar bin Mohd Sapi'i||Sejernih Kasih|
|Intan Syahira||inilah hidup|
|Mohd Azim Bin Muhammad Rizal Aminuddin||Take Me to the Non-Breathers|
|Muhammad Fakri Bin Mohd Shuhanan||Harga Budi|
|Roshafiq Roslee||Sinaran Ramalun|
|Muhamad Nur Iman Syamil Bin Mohd Fouzee||The Devil's Beauty|
|Abdul Rahman Abdul Manaf||Peduli|
|Mohd Hanif Fikri Bin Jaafri||The Loop|
|Romulo Kim A. Corporal V||Checkmate|
|Adam Muhammad Taufiq Bin Mohamad Suharto @ Adam Taufiq Suharto||Falasi (Fallacy)|
Shortlisted Submission (DOCUMENTARY)
|Fahmi Sani||Borrowed Time|
|Muhammad Irwan Shafamir Bin Norzaleigkh||Seram Sintok|
|Lim Wei Zhen||Gift|
|Engku Mohamad Zuhairi Bin Che Engku Jalil||Di Sebalik Orang Hijau|
|Ben Tan Lun Jiun||Root of Wicker|
|Jeremy Luke Bolatag||Katong Gabii (That Night)|
|Abdul Rahman Abdul Manaf||Makanan Tradisi Di Turki|
|Mah Pei Zhen||Blessing Beasts|
|Alexius Agan Kamarau||City Escape Georgetown|
|Redemptorio M Putra||Aksara Di Balik Sampah|
Shortlisted Submission (MUSIC VIDEO)
|Brillian Fairiandi||Olga Victoria - Lalu Kuingat ( From Kertanala - The Story )|
|Brillian Fairiandi||Nath - Aku Hanya Ingin ( OST. PickMeUp #DoWhatILove )|
|Ryan Hazarika||Goru Bihu Song|
|Asyraf Mursyidi Bin Amruz Suhairi||Bukan Untukku|
|Yeoh Shin Yee||Dark Paradise|
|Muhamad Nur Iman Syamil Bin Mohd Fouzee||Kalah Dalam Menang|
|Asyraf Mursyidi Bin Amruz Suhairi||Hati Lelaki|
|Asyraf Mursyidi Bin Amruz Suhairi||Tangisan|
|Melissa Lim Pinng Wei||King|
Shortlisted Submission (ANIMATION)
|Jin Yao||The Cliff House|
|Safuan Shahril||Emergency Escape|
|Muhd Saiful Muin bin Zainal Arifin||Lets Join UUM SCIMPA|
|Ivana Sari||Batang Garing (Tree of Life)|
|Ryan Hazarika||A Blind Dog|
Shortlisted Submission (PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT)
|Melissa Lim Pinng Wei||Unity2050|
|Ayubi Ali||Off Smartphone and Enjoy Your Life|
|Aida Filzah Binti Ramli||Fake Cosmetic|
|Sulaiman Jossli||Nak Liluk|
|Jasmi Mohamad Zin||Kecil Punya Hal|
|Jasmi Mohamad Zin||Pengantin Rukun|
|Noor Fadhli Sulaiman||Bakardeka|
|Cynthia Ong Wei Chen||Malaysia Milik Kita Semua|
Shortlisted Submission (PROMISING YOUNG MINDS-SCHOOL)
|Norshipa Ismail||Industri Petroleum Di Malaysia|
|Norshipa Ismail||St. George's Girls' School International Students' Conference|
|Illman Farihin b. Rasid||Anugerah Terindah|
|Ann Surina Binti Sulaiman||A Fierce Lion Never Eat It's Cub|
|Muhammad Zaim Aiman Bin Kamaruddin||Teacher|
|Dennis Vissa A/L Eh Run||Silent Pain|
|Faiq Iqbal Bin Ibrahim||Jiran|
|Nabil bin Ruzinoor||Alam sekitar oleh Nabil|
|Nabil bin Ruzinoor||Inilah kehidupan oleh Nabil|
Objectives of the Festival
- To recognize and reward the work of our students and indie artists through film and animation festivals.
- To encourage students and young indie filmmakers to produce high quality creative works.
- To discover and develop talents from the youth and harness their energies and increase their confidence in highlighting the work of indie.
- To provide an opportunity to exchange ideas among students and indie artists of national and international levels.
- To develop the ability to appreciate, evaluate, analyze and discuss the indie creative artwork, and
- To develop creativity and innovation, technical and analytical skills in the field of film and animation.
ONLINE SUBMISSION FORM
How to Send Large Files/Video via GMAIL/Google Drive - share to email@example.com
- Any student or an independent filmmaker from Asia or from any of the ASEAN member countries who are between the ages of 15 and 24 years (youth ages as defined by the United Nations).
- Creative works to be accepted must be in digital format recorded in a DVD disc that can be played back using any standard DVD player in HD Quality
- Entries must have been produced and completed not earlier than 1 August 2016 and not later than 31 January 2018.
- Creative Industry professionals and those who are permanently employed in other companies are disqualified to join this competition.
- Those working on a freelance or part-time basis in the creative industry and other fields are invited to submit.
- Products that have competed in other international or local competitions can compete in AYIFF 2018.
- Asian and ASEAN students and indie filmmakers can submit a maximum of three (3) entries in each competition category.
- Entries are allowed in native language but with provision of English SUBTITLE.
2. FILM CATEGORIESCompetition categories that filmmakers can choose to submit their entries:
- Narrative Film (should be maximum of 20 minutes TRT (Total Running Time)
- Documentary Film (should be maximum of 20 minutes TRT (Total Running Time)
- Animation Film (TRT is from 3 to 5 minutes)
- Anime Film (TRT is from 3 to 5 minutes)
- Music Video (should have maximum of 3 minutes TRT)
- Public Service Announcement (should have maximum of 3 minutes TRT)
3. SUBMISSION GUIDEEach entry should be accompanied with the following:
- 1-minute trailer.
- 2-3 production stills (these are photographs of some scenes in your entry) – the production stills should be stored in a USB flash/thumb drive or a DVD disc.
4. FEES (ONLY FOR SHORTLISTED), SUBMISSION IS FREE
A competition fee is ONLY required for SHORTLISTED LIST. Please see below:
- RM 100 ( each) for Malaysian Nationality
- USD 100 ( each ) for Non-Malaysian Nationalilty
- The fee is non-refundable.
The 3rd Asian Youth Indie Film Festival 2018 (AYIFF 2018) encourages Asian and ASEAN students and indie filmmakers to produce creative works that are the narratives of their culture and their personal experiences. The festival gives recognition and honors to these filmmakers whose creative storytelling explores a range of human experiences that echoes the festival's theme of unleashing creative confidence. Because of this, the Asian Youth Film Festival encourages originality and creativity.
The AYIFF 2018 organizer and the judges reserve the right to exclude films that do not uphold the values of the competition. AYIFF 2018 organizers and the judges will likely exclude works that contain obscenity, nudity, violence, the macabre, or those that are risqué.
DOCUMENT ASSESSMENT OF ENTRIES
The festival organizers has a committee that will conduct a document assessment of all entries received on the competition deadline. The document assessment will entail the following:
- Inspection of entry forms if all data required are filled up.
- Inspection of required accompaniments to the entry.
- Checking of play back the film .
- Checking of the 1-minute trailer.
- Ensuring that the script/screenplay, storyboard, production crew/staff list are submitted together with the entry.
- Ensuring that the 2-3 production stills are submitted.
In the event that an entry is found lacking in the required submissions, the festival organizers will get in touch with the entry’s director/producer and the latter must furnish the organizer with the requirement within 2 days from date of notice. Should the entry director/producer fails to comply, the entry will be withdrawn from the competition.
SHORTLISTING OF ENTRIES
After completion of the document assessment, the festival organizers will come up with a short list of entries classified according to the competition categories and submit the list to the Festival Judges.
The AYIFF 2018 organizers will inform the entry’s director/producer through email if their entry was included in the shortlist for judging.
A competition fee is ONLY required for SHORTLISTED LIST.
JUDGES AND JUDGING CRITERIA
- All entries will be judged by a panel of judges to be administered by the AYIFF Sub-Committee on Awards.
- The judges will evaluate the entries based on a criteria rubric drafted for each category of the festival competition.
- A score sheet will be provided to each judge and each one shall view each entry and write the score on the judging form.
- The AYIFF Sub-committee on Awards will tally the scores based from the score sheet signed and submitted by each judge for each category. The entry with the highest score will receive the award for that category.
- Should there be a tie in any of the categories, the judges will view anew the tied films and score them accordingly. The Judges shall decide on how to break the tie.
- The AYIFF Judges may decline to give an award in a particular category if no entry meets the festival’s standard of quality.
- Festival categories with fewer than 3 submissions may not be eligible for awards.
- If there is no submission in any category, the AYIFF Judges and the Festival Organizers can delete the particular category from the awards list.
- The AYIFF Judges reserve the right to create a special award if the situation and the entry merits it.
COMPETITION SCHEDULE (IMPORTANT DATES)
Deadline of entries :
15 Jan 2018extended to 15 Feb 2018
Screening of Entries :
16 Jan - 14 Feb 2018extended to 18 Feb - 15 March 2018
Nomination (Short-listed) Notice :
15 Feb 2018extended to 16 March 2018
Awarding Ceremonies : 10 Apr 2018
- Best Narrative Film
- Best Documentary Film
- Best Animation Film
- Best Anime Film
- Best Music Video
- Best Public Service Announcement
- Special Jury Award
- Promising Young Minds Awards (FOR SCHOOLS)
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS
- All those who will receive nomination notices are expected to attend the awards ceremonies on 10 April 2018 in Universiti Utara Malaysia.
- Awards for the winning entries shall be given to the director or producer of the entry that is indicated on the entry form.
- For entries that are produced in a joint directorial way (having 2 directors), the production group of that entry should assign a single representative to act on its behalf. This representative will receive the award for the entry.
- The AYIFF organizers and judges shall not be held liable for any controversy regarding the sharing of awards or about the selected winners.
- The decision of the judges is final.